Sharon Moravian Church
In the central parish of St.Thomas is the magnificent Sharon Moravian Church which is one of the few eighteenth century edifices in Barbados unspoilt by alterations or modifications.
The original church at this site, built in 1799, was destroyed in 1831 but was rebuilt two years later in a similar style. The present church shows the architecture of the Low Countries, the birthplace of Moravianism. The most impressive architectural features are the 18th century tower, elegant bell-cote, and round arched windows. A large double staircase leads to the front door of the church, welcoming the faithful.
The church is recognized by the Barbados National Trust as a "Building of Architectural Interest".
See also : Moravian Churches in Barbados